An internship in taxation can provide you with practical experience in a variety of job functions. Certificate students must complete a minimum of 16 units of program curriculum (4 courses) before enrolling in the internship.
This program is perfect for...
- Tax preparers who need additional training to advance in their careers
- Accountants or attorneys interested in a tax specialization
- Individuals working in investments or accounting who want to expand their expertise
- Those looking to change careers into tax preparation
What you can learn.
- Practices and procedures of the Internal Revenue Service, from rulings, collections, and criminal enforcement with specific references to statutes and regulations
- Classification of corporations and associations, organization of corporations, transfers of property, small business stock, dividend distributions, earnings, and profits
- Individual income taxation issues, including: tax determination, exemptions, gross income, general and itemized deductions, and all expenses, gains, and losses
- The tax and legal aspects of forming, operating, and dissolving partnerships
About this certificate.
Courses in this certificate program are offered both online and in the classroom. This program can be completed 100% online.
Our Taxation Certificate serves as the foundation of a customizable training plan based on your interests and needs in the industry. It can be stacked with specializations in taxation or accounting to further enhance your marketable skills.
Dive deeper into taxation principles with a specialization in:
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
The Accounting and Taxation Scholarship Fund was established in 2021 in partnership with Baker Tilly US LLP to provide financial assistance and greater access to the education necessary for students pursuing careers in accounting or taxation.
The scholarship provides funding to cover the cost of completing the Accounting Certificate or Taxation Certificate programs offered by UCLA Extension (up to $5,000) for an individual who has a passion for continuing education and professional development in accounting or taxation.