Learn hands-on strategies for creating memorable portraits though interaction with your subject, their environment, and meaningful objects within it.
What you can learn.
- Explore the various components that need to come together in an environment portrait
- Equip yourself with a good foundation of camera and lighing techniques for environmental portraiture
- Expand your conceptual approaches using metaphors and symbols, framing, composition techniques, editing and working in the series, and use of text
- Evaluate historical and contemporary environmental portrait photographers and iconic work done in different parts of the world
- Engage in reflection, analysis, and critique of image, both in individual portraits and in series