Visual Arts Distinguished Instructor Series
Join us for a free series of live talks and presentations in the core academic areas of the Visual Arts. Each week we feature a distinguished instructor and dive into their area of expertise.
Why you should attend.
- On July 28, bring paper, pencil and an open mind to interactively explore design ideas with Pash, a design director at a leading firm.
- On August 4, brush master Mayee Futterman shares lessons from her lifetime practice with the brush: how the teachings and mindset prepare one to embrace uncertainty and go beyond.
- On August 11, build a virtual world with John Selig. Experience the wonder of VR – no code required.
- On August 18, user experience designer Diana Barraza walks through some of the challenges tech must react to during these unprecedented times.
About this course:Join us over lunch for a series of live talks and presentations in the core academic areas of the Visual Arts. Each week we feature a distinguished instructor and dive into their area of expertise. Areas of focus for this series include Photography, Art History, User Experience (UX), Design, Studio Arts, and VR. Sessions are between 60-90 minutes, are free and interactive, bring your ideas and questions. Attend all, or just drop in for one or two.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Schedule (subject to change)
- Tues., July 14 Craig Havens (Photography)
- Tues., July 21 Dahn Hiuni (Art History)
- Tues., July 28 Pash (Design Communication Arts)
- Tues., Aug. 4 Mayee Futterman (Studio Arts/Chinese Brush Painting)
- Tues., Aug. 11 John Selig (Unity/VR)
- Tues., Aug. 18 Diana Barraza (User Experience)