Fulfills General Education (GE) requirement for the UCLA College of Letters and Science. GE Foundation Category: Foundations of Society and Culture—Social Analysis. Midterm and final exams are proctored online; additional requirements include microphone, headphones/speakers, and webcam. Enrollment limited to 25 students. Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: Jan. 7.
SOCIOL XL 1
Survey of characteristics of social life, processes of social interaction, and tools of sociological investigation.
Starting at $798.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Explore how everyday experience is shaped by social, cultural, historical, political, and economic factors
- Apply sociological ideas to our lived experience in order to see the connections between everyday life and social dynamics
- Study sociological methods in order to understand the value of social science research
- Discover the value of sociological theory by examining social phenomena from multiple theoretical perspectives
- Ask about the enduring effects of social structures, institutions, and history
- Reflect upon socialization, identity, and the development of a self through cross cultural examples
About this course:Survey of characteristics of social life, processes of social interaction, and tools of sociological investigation. Transferable for UC credit.
Student must have completed high school by enrollment date.
Winter 2022 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Future Offering (Opens November 01, 2021 12:00:00 AM)See Details
Instructor: Robert McKee
No refunds after January 07, 2022
Book: Our Social World: Introduction to Sociology by Ballantine, Roberts and Korgen
SAGE Publications, Inc