What you can learn.
- Develop a structured regimen to carry you through to completion of your project
- Develop self-editing techniques to help you refine and rewrite your work
- Make considerable progress on your project in a supportive, motivating environment
About this course:
Spring 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
Enrollment limited to 12 students. Visitors not permitted. $100 nonrefundable. Discounts cannot be applied to fees for this course. Internet access required.
The application deadline for this advanced course is Monday, March 11 at 9am (PST).
Course may be taken to satisfy core (Advanced) units in the Nonfiction Certificate Program, or as an elective in either fiction/creative nonfiction certificate.
For more information on programs and services offered by the Writers’ Program, please visit our website.
Log in with your existing student account and then “add to cart”, or click “add to cart” and follow the prompts to create a new or returning student account. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
- After that, you will be asked to upload a writing sample, per the guidelines below.
- Once you finish the steps, click "Submit Application."
Please note that there are no pre-approvals. All students must submit the following requirements in order to be eligible for an advanced creative writing course.
Submission guidelines: submit one document (double-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch margins on all sides) containing a 10-page writing sample; a synopsis of up to one page for any longer submitted works (novels); a personal statement of one paragraph outlining what the student hopes to gain from the class; and a list of previous courses completed in the Writers’ Program or other programs, with instructors (when known).
NOTE: Despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if/when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course. In other words, it’s 100% free to apply. The full course fee will be due up front to register, prior to attending the course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1-2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. In the meantime, you can also register for alternative open-enrollment course and transfer upon your acceptance.