This program is perfect for...
- Individuals interested in exploring the dynamic field of sustainability
- Those who want knowledge and skills to be better global citizens
- Professionals seeking to stay up to date in their current position
- Professionals in a wide range of disciplines, such as Environmental Affairs Officers, Business Development Managers, City Planners, Waste and Facility Management Professionals, Political Strategists, Corporate and Product Sustainability Managers, Renewable Energy Sales Associates
What you can learn.
- Learn environmental systems and the interrelationship and effect of humans upon the environment.
- Explore individual and group roles in sustainability and the interconnectedness and necessity of collaboration between social, economic, and ecological responsibilities.
- Learn business aspects of sustainability by identifying practical tools, measuring performance, and reviewing best practices.
- Acquire skills in areas including environmental and energy consultancy, green investment and marketing, green building project design, renewable energy, climate change, public policy and more.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
Sustainability is all about connections – connecting systems, resources and people. UCLA Extension’s Sustainability Certificate opened my eyes to sustainability issues that I had never thought of, inspiring me to rethink current processes in my own community and work places. I found the classroom discussions were engaging and enlightening. If you are interested in learning about sustainability, look no further.
Sustainability Program Advisory Board
James Bassett, Professor, Cal Poly Pomona
Nurit Katz, Chief Sustainability Officer UCLA, Facilities Management, Office of the Assistant Vice Chancellor
Cully Nordby, Academic Director, UCLA Institute of the Environment
Leo Costantino, Continuing Educator, Business Management and Legal Programs, UNEX
Scott Hutchinson. Continuing Educator, Arts, UNEX
Varaz Shahmirian, Department Director, Engineering and Technology, UNEX
Stephanie Landregan, Continuing Educator, Arts, UNEX
Sarah Abramson Sikich, Coastal Resources Director, Heal the Bay
Sepand Samzadeh, BASC, MBA, CEO, Valley Recycling