Indoor Plants: Care and Maintenance
An introduction to the fundamentals of growing plants indoors. Learn how to identify your unique indoor environment, how to choose appropriate and healthy plants, and how to create a maintenance schedule for plant success! Elective course in the horticulture certificate.
What you can learn.
- How to successfully grow plants indoors
- Recognize your personal indoor environments and learn to choose appropriate plants for that environment
- Explore the specific environmental requirements of over 50 indoor plants
- Discuss watering, pruning, fertilizing, and lighting methods
- Identify common plant diseases and pests in the indoor environment
- Identify and name over 50 different plants suitable for indoors
About this course:Plants add color, texture, and warmth to indoor spaces. They improve air quality and add a natural and living element to a room’s design. Whether you are looking to expand your indoor plant collection, just getting started with your first plant, or looking for answers to your many plant problems, this course focuses on the fundamental aspects of growing plants indoors. Instruction includes properly identifying fifty plants that do well in an indoor environment and their specific cultural requirements. The course of study will also cover understanding indoor environments, which is fundamental when choosing plants that will have the most success. This course will cover common indoor plant pests, diseases, watering techniques, artificial and natural lighting, humidity, temperature, etc.
Winter 2021 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.