The Solar Energy Solution: Harnessing Solar Power in the Home and Office
This course helps individuals or organizations augment their home and/or business power requirements with solar energy.
What you can learn.
- Develop an understanding of how to augment home and/or business power requirements with solar energy
- Acquire a general overview to choose and design an appropriate solar energy system
- Define the various forms of solar energy with a specific emphasis on solar electricity
- Describe the basic electrical and mechanical background as applied to solar energy
- Describe how electricity can be generated, stored, and utilized in the home and workplace through solar energy
- Identify installation techniques and methods of monitoring systems performance
- Apply maintenance procedures
- Recognize solar energy implications on the financials, environment, and self-sufficient alternatives
About this course:This course helps individuals or organizations augment their home and/or business power requirements with solar energy. Students gain a general overview of the knowledge to choose and ultimately design an appropriate system and discuss the various forms of solar energy with a specific emphasis on solar electricity (i.e., how electricity can be generated, stored and utilized in the home and workplace through solar energy). Installation techniques, methods of monitoring system performance, and proper maintenance procedures are also discussed. This class is primarily for anyone interested and concerned about the financial, environmental, and self-sufficient aspects of solar energy. While not a highly technical course, a basic electrical/mechanical educational background is helpful due to the technology covered in the class. Home and business owners, contractors, sales people, entrepreneurs seeking business opportunities, and those who have a keen interest in solar technology should derive significant benefits from participating in this course.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.