The Solar Energy Solution: Harnessing Solar Power in the Home and Office
This course is designed for individuals and organizations that are interested in augmenting their home and/or business utility requirements with solar energy.
What you can learn.
- Develop an understanding of how to augment home and/or business power requirements with solar energy
- Acquire a general overview to choose and design an appropriate solar energy system
- Define the various forms of solar energy with a specific emphasis on solar electricity
- Describe the basic electrical and mechanical background as applied to solar energy
- Describe how electricity can be generated, stored, and utilized in the home and workplace through solar energy
- Identify installation techniques and methods of monitoring systems performance
- Apply maintenance procedures
- Recognize solar energy implications on the financials, environment, and self-sufficient alternatives
About this course:This course is designed for individuals and organizations that are interested in augmenting their home and/or business utility requirements with solar energy. To better understand how this can best be accomplished, solar energy in its various forms will be discussed, with a primary emphasis on how solar electricity can be locally generated, stored, and utilized. Topics will include the different types of anticipated electrical loads and the techniques required to perform the respective quantitative load evaluations. The class material will present a preliminary system design methodology and how to determine the necessary system components required to achieve the desired results. Various solar electrical models, their prerequisite subsystems and the associated components will be considered. Monitoring of systems performance and the maintenance procedures required to assure maximum efficiency will also be reviewed. This course is primarily intended for anyone with a general educational background in math and science who is interested and concerned about the financial, environmental, and self-sufficient aspects of solar energy.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for The Solar Energy Solution: Harnessing Solar Power in the Home and Office.