DESMA X 482.10
Learn to use color theory to communicate ideas and enhance concepts more effectively.
Starting at $759.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Improve sensitivity to color perception
- Learn to use color palettes and appropriate color schemes
- Develop a greater understanding of the mechanics of color mixing and color interaction in both traditional and digital media
- Identify and define which color theories apply to different input/output devices
- Apply the concepts of unity, variety, contrast, dominance, appropriateness, balance, and harmony to design
- Differentiate between color used as symbol, as expression, and as description
About this course:This course covers theories and practical applications to understand the makeup of color and how best to use it. Areas covered include general color theory and psychology, effective color creation, perception, management, color language, digital issues, additive and subtractive systems, and color output.
Winter 2022 Schedule
Date & Time