Learn to use color theory to communicate ideas and enhance concepts more effectively.
What you can learn.
- Improve sensitivity to color perception
- Learn to use color palettes and appropriate color schemes
- Develop a greater understanding of the mechanics of color mixing and color interaction in both traditional and digital media
- Identify and define which color theories apply to different input/output devices
- Apply the concepts of unity, variety, contrast, dominance, appropriateness, balance, and harmony to design
- Differentiate between color used as symbol, as expression, and as description
About this course:This course covers theories and practical applications to understand the makeup of color and how best to use it. Areas covered include general color theory and psychology, effective color creation, perception, management, color language, digital issues, additive and subtractive systems, and color output.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Fee does not include the cost of art supplies.