DESMA X 482.10
Learn to use color theory to communicate ideas and enhance concepts more effectively.
Starting at $784.00
About this course:
This course covers theories and practical applications to understand the makeup of color and how best to use it. Areas covered include general color theory and psychology, effective color creation, perception, management, color language, digital issues, additive and subtractive systems, and color output.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
What you will learn.
- Improve sensitivity to color perception
- Learn to use color palettes and appropriate color schemes
- Develop a greater understanding of the mechanics of color mixing and color interaction in both traditional and digital media
- Apply the concepts of unity, variety, contrast, dominance, appropriateness, balance, and harmony to design
- Identify and define which color theories apply to different input/output devices
- Differentiate between color used as symbol, as expression, and as description