This program is perfect for…
- Individuals who want to learn to develop software applications using Java
- Students who have taken the Fundamentals of Software Development course or have programming experience
- Students who want to learn practical programming skills to prepare them for follow-up Java courses
- People who hope to be able to develop and debug basic Android applications
What you can learn.
- The fundamentals of object-oriented programming—including constructors, flow control statements, data types, abstraction, and the Java library—and how to write small- to medium-sized computer programs using the Java language
- How to develop platform/framework-neutral applications; choose the appropriate Java technology to solve business problems; develop complex graphical user interfaces (GUI); and connect to a database and execute SQL queries
- How to use Java servlet and JavaServer Page (JSP) technology; develop Java web services with data persistence using Spring and Hibernate; and understand core security implementations
- Ways to develop Android applications using the Android SDK and Android Studio development platform, including how to create user interfaces, handle data, use Android library code, and debug programs
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.