Plant Identification: Trees
ARCH X 472.8A
This course concentrates on trees, shrubs, and companion plant groupings, planting location, etc. as design elements. Participants study plant texture, density, form, color, and other characteristics as articulators of space.
What you can learn.
- Incorporate trees into designs with a critical and knowledgeable eye and mind
- Create actual tree palettes for different potential design styles and genres
- Develop creative methods to incorporate trees where it may be challenging and provide clients with the latest information and background on their recommendations
- Ability to describe specific common species in Southern California with defining characteristics
- Ability to articulate the proper methods of selecting trees in a nursery setting and the nursery processes
- Ability to identify at least 30 trees by visual testing