Information Security of Cloud Computing
COM SCI X 420.12
Learn the vulnerabilities of the cloud model, ways for companies to assess cloud risk and present methods and architectures that mitigate such risks & enhance the security, integrity, and availability of data in the cloud.
Starting at $995.00
As few as 10 weeks
What you can learn.
- Identify the major components of cloud computing
- Understand the cyber security risks of cloud computing
- Identify risk mitigation best practices, methodologies, and techniques
- Apply the core concepts of effective project management and vendor management on cloud computing
- Grasp the importance of disaster recovery requirements on the cloud
- Influence the cyber security budgeting process
- Recognize the significance of new, emerging, and disruptive technologies
About this course:Cloud infrastructure has become the new norm for flexible computing power to supporting a wide range of applications and organizations of any size. As applications have moved to the Cloud, cyber threats have moved as well. Protecting Cloud deployments from attack requires a unique set of approaches, tools, and techniques. This practical course will provide a foundational approach to secure any Cloud infrastructure, with an emphasis on the security principles of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. Key concepts will include Cloud threats, Least Privilege, Defense-in-Depth, Data Asset Protection, Cloud Asset Protection, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Network Security, and Cloud Risk Management Processes. Examples will be provided for leading Cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). Current case studies will illustrate key concepts.
Spring 2022 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Future Offering (Opens January 31, 2022 12:00:00 AM)See Details
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: April 3, 2022. Internet access required. Materials required.
No refunds after April 01, 2022