Advanced Filmmaking Workshop: Production and Post-Production
What you can learn.
- Learn techniques for translating your script into moving images
- Learn creative and physical requirements for directing a film
- Learn budgeting and production scheduling
- Learn about casting actors and eliciting the best performance
- Learn visual composition; sound; editing
- Shoot and edit your film with guidance from the instructor
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Advanced Filmmaking Workshop: Production and Post-Production.
Enrollment is restricted to Directing Certificate students who have successfully completed X 476.23 Developing Your Short Film. Students with prior short film experience can enroll by consent of instructor, space permitting, and must submit a proposed script for the class. All students must complete an application for approval to enroll.
Winter 2019 Schedule
Hybrid courses utilize a combination of in-person classroom meetings and online meetings.
Students must have access to a video camera and editing equipment.
This course includes both online sessions and classroom meetings. Refer to course syllabus for online session details.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Internet access required.
Discounts cannot be applied to a portion of fees for this course.