HSK 5 Advanced Mandarin 2
CHIN X 403B
HSK 5 Advanced Mandarin is the second course of a four-course series on Advanced Mandarin language and culture. The main goal for this course is to help students get prepared for the HSK 5 test.
What you can learn.
- Understand more complex speeches or presentations on familiar topics and grasping the main points and specific details
- Engage in in-depth conversations on some specific topics
- Understand introductions or descriptions with some new words and terms, getting the gist and locating the specific information needed
- Express personal views and opinions in coherent, smooth, and cohesive paragraphs
- Become familiar with the culture of some simple idioms and proverbs
- Understand Mandarin Chinese with a slight accent on familiar topics
About this course:HSK 5 Advanced Mandarin 2 is the second of a four-quarter series of Advanced Mandarin language and culture. The main goal for this course is to help students get prepared for the HSK 5 test. The communicative Language Teaching Approach method is used in this course. This broad and dynamic method emphasizes communication for real-life situations. It develops linguistic fluency in an interactive way. In class, students are engaged in communicative activities in Mandarin. Therefore, students must prepare using on-line materials, as well as put time and effort into mastering it before coming to class for participating enthusiastically in a variety of oral activities in groups and pairs.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.