ARCH X 493.992
Gain an introduction to the essential basic commands of AutoCAD and their applications.
What you will learn.
- Create, display, and plot working drawings
- Prepare drawings to known scale for plotting
- Operate and adjust input and output devices
- Construct technical drawings using a standard computer aided drafting program
- Demonstrate file management techniques
- Prepare digital drawings of a hardscape plan, tree planting plan, planting plan, sections, and elevations
About this course:
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of AutoCAD, as well as how to apply and manage the tool. Students who successfully complete the course acquire a good foundation upon which they may further develop the tool. While instruction is directed toward landscape architecture, those in related disciplines also should find the course valuable.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for AutoCAD 1.
Basic knowledge of computers.