Biochemistry: Introduction to Structure, Enzymes, and Metabolism
What you can learn.
- Establish the biochemical foundation necessary to pursue science-based professional careers
- Understand basic molecular units of the cell (amino & nucleic acids, carbohydrates, and lipids)
- Recognize enzymes and enzyme kinetics involved in biochemical reactions
- Understand metabolic principles of the cell and energetics
- Explore glucose metabolism via glycolysis
- Comprehend electron transport chain and oxidative phosphorylation
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Biochemistry: Introduction to Structure, Enzymes, and Metabolism.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting November 10 & 24.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: October 6, 2018. No refund after October 13, 2018. Internet access required. Materials required.