General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory I.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting November 9 and 23.
Course fee includes laboratory usage fee, breakage fee, all equipment, chemicals, supplies, and student parking on the SMC campus.
Students are responsible for purchasing an approved flame-resistant lab coat and safety goggles.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: September 28, 2018. $280 nonrefundable. No refund after October 2, 2018. Internet access required. Materials required.
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
What you will learn.
- Understand how to make solutions
- Determine the pH of different solutions and perform pH titrations
- Understand the kinetics of a reaction
- Understand how measurements can result in errors
- Complete the synthesis of a drug
- Understand how to operate a spectrophotometer