AWP provides support, advocacy, resources, and community to nearly 50,000 writers, 550 college and university creative writing programs, and 150 writers’ conferences and centers. Their mission is to foster literary achievement, advance the art of writing as essential to a good education, and serve the makers, teachers, students, and readers of contemporary writing.
Your digital membership benefits include:
Four annual digital issues of The Writer’s Chronicle. Each issue features essays on the art of writing poetry, fiction, and nonfiction; interviews with accomplished writers; and listings of opportunities for grants, awards, and publication. Members also have free access to the Chronicle app.
Access to the members-only content on the AWP website, including:
- The Job List, which offers listings of academic and nonacademic jobs and internships for writers. Every other month, we publish an informative article that provides advice and information on your career options. Job listings are updated weekly.
- The Writer’s Calendar, which features information on literary events, publishing opportunities, grants, and awards.
- Advice on how to conduct your job search.
- A searchable archive of more than 1,200 articles from The Writer’s Chronicle.
- Comprehensive information about writing programs, conferences, festivals, centers, retreats, and residencies.
- Documents useful to teachers and administrators of writing programs.
- A listing in its Directory of Members, a venue for promoting your work.
Discount on AWP Award Series entry fees.
Discount on registration to AWP’s Annual Conference & Bookfair.
Eligibility to participate in AWP’s Writer to Writer Mentorship Program, a free service that pairs new and established writers.