Who this is perfect for...
- Passionate readers who seek a career that nourishes their interests
- Editors and publishers who want to change careers but continue working with writers and books
- Writers seeking a career that fuels their own creativity while championing others’
- Go-getters who want to build their own business from the ground up
What you can learn.
- Break down an agent agreement, including legal requirements and protections for agents and authors
- Identify how to improve an author’s manuscript to increase your chances of selling it
- Get a feel for the landscape of publishing to identify key relationships, from writers you want to represent to editors at publishing houses
- Help authors build their brand and take advantage of opportunities to raise their artistic profiles
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.