This program is perfect for…
- People who want to learn to create real-time embedded software
- Students who'd like to be able to coordinate the hardware components and firmware involved in designing and programming embedded systems
- People who want an in-depth understanding of real-time operating system (RTOS) principle concepts, such as kernel objects and constructs
- Individuals who'd like to understand how to use field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) in embedded systems
What you can learn.
- C programming, compiling, linking, hardware-software partitioning, integrated peripheral device use, hardware and software design, basic schedulers, timing considerations, and integrated peripheral and external interrupt
- Error handling, rate monotonic systems, synchronization and communication, component-based real-time systems, common RTOS design problems, and other RTOS fundamentals
- How Verilog is used to model and test logic that’s implemented on Xilinx FPGAs
- How to use ModelSim to simulate your register-transfer level (RTL) and post-place-and-route designs
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.