Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
This course covers the domain of purchasing and the flow of purchasing tasks--from determining the requirements for goods and services through to their acceptance.
What you can learn.
- Describe the basic procedures and purchasing techniques behind supply chain management
- Define purchasing objectives, calculate profit multiplier, analyze cost-pricing ratios and value analysis for profitable results
- Recognize the impact of organizational considerations, socioeconomic forces, and ethical responsibilities with purchasing practices
- Evaluate alternatives, identify sourcing, shipping, inventory cost saving strategies, and apply control mechanisms
- Identify negotiation targets and apply tactics
- Identify quality requirements, specifications, and shipping requirements
About this course:This course covers the domain of purchasing and the flow of purchasing tasks—from determining the requirements for goods and services through their acceptance. Major topics include supply chain management, purchasing as a socioeconomic force, purchasing and profit, profit multiplier, purchasing objectives, and the purchasing process. The practical use of all basic procedures and purchasing techniques is explained, including purchasing services; organizational considerations and alternative; sourcing; quantity; and inventory planning and control. The course also covers price determination, negotiation and cost-price analysis, capital acquisitions, value analysis, quality requirements, specifications, inventory cost savings, shipping, and purchasing with ethical and social responsibility.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Required course in Supply Chain Management Certificate.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Internet access required. Materials required.