Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted.
Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
MGMT X 445
This course covers the domain of purchasing and the flow of purchasing tasks--from determining the requirements for goods and services through to their acceptance.
Starting at $999.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Describe the basic procedures and purchasing techniques behind supply chain management
- Define purchasing objectives, calculate profit multiplier, analyze cost-pricing ratios and value analysis for profitable results
- Recognize the impact of organizational considerations, socioeconomic forces, and ethical responsibilities with purchasing practices
- Evaluate alternatives, identify sourcing, shipping, inventory cost saving strategies, and apply control mechanisms
- Identify negotiation targets and apply tactics
- Identify quality requirements, specifications, and shipping requirements
About this course:This course covers the domain of purchasing and the flow of purchasing tasks—from determining the requirements for goods and services through their acceptance. Major topics include supply chain management, purchasing as a socioeconomic force, purchasing and profit, profit multiplier, purchasing objectives, and the purchasing process. The practical use of all basic procedures and purchasing techniques is explained, including purchasing services, organizational considerations and alternative, sourcing, quantity, and inventory planning and control. The course also covers price determination, negotiation and cost-price analysis, capital acquisitions, value analysis, quality requirements, specifications, inventory cost savings, shipping, and purchasing with ethical and social responsibility.
Fall 2021 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Instructor: Lee Schuh
No refunds after October 04, 2021
Book: Essentials of Supply Chain Management, Third Edition by Michael H. Hugos
Internet access required to retrieve course materials.