Learn French online through our first year college-level course to develop linguistic fluency and gain proficiency in all four communicative skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) as well as cultural competence.
What you can learn.
- Communicate through directed activities using the vocabulary and structures studied
- Write simple sentences using the vocabulary and structures studied
- Construct grammatically correct statements with verbs as well as
- Gain increased awareness of different francophone countries and cultures
- Demonstrate use of acceptable pronunciation
- Acquire basic reading comprehension skills
About this course:A continuation of XL 2, this course emphasizes past and future verb tenses, commands, object pronouns, idiomatic expressions, and the expansion of cultural vocabulary using a communicative, thematically-based approach. Conducted entirely in French.Transferable for UC credit.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Elementary French.