Learn French online through our first year college-level course to develop linguistic fluency and gain proficiency in all four communicative skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) as well as cultural competence.
What you can learn.
- Communicate through directed activities using the vocabulary and structures studied
- Write simple sentences using the vocabulary and structures studied
- Construct grammatically correct statements with verbs as well as
- Gain increased awareness of different francophone countries and cultures
- Demonstrate use of acceptable pronunciation
- Acquire basic reading comprehension skills
About this course:A continuation of XL 2, this course emphasizes past and future verb tenses, commands, object pronouns, idiomatic expressions, and the expansion of cultural vocabulary using a communicative, thematically-based approach. Conducted entirely in French.Transferable for UC credit.
Summer 2021 Schedule
Course content is delivered through an online learning platform where you can engage with your instructor and classmates. There are no required live meetings, but assignments are due regularly.
If taken for credit, successful completion of French XL 3 applies toward the Humanities (Language and Linguistics/Foreign Language) requirement of the UCLA College of Letters and Science. Midterm and final exams are proctored online; additional requirements include microphone, headphones/speakers, and webcam.
Enrollment limited to 25 students. Enrollment deadline: June 25, 2021. Internet access required. Materials required.