HSK 5 Advanced Mandarin 1
HSK 5 Advanced Mandarin is the first course of a four-course series on Advanced Mandarin language and culture. The main goal for this course is to help students get prepared for the HSK 5 test.
What you can learn.
- Understand more complex speeches or presentations on familiar topics and grasping the main points and specific details
- Engage in in-depth conversations on some specific topics
- Understand introductions or descriptions with some new words and terms, getting the gist and locating the specific information needed
- Write practical articles and working documents with correct format and clear expressions
- Become familiar with the culture of some simple idioms and proverbs
- Understand Mandarin Chinese with a slight accent on familiar topics
About this course:HSK 5 Advanced Mandarin 1 is the first of a four-quarter series of Advanced Mandarin language and culture. The main goal for this course is to help students get prepared for the HSK 5 test. The communicative Language Teaching Approach method will be used in this course. This broad and dynamic method emphasizes communication for real-life situations. It will develop linguistic fluency in an interactive way. In class, student will be engaged in communicative activities in Mandarin. Therefore, students must prepare using on-line materials, as well as put time and effort into mastering it before coming to class for participating enthusiastically in a variety of oral activities in groups and pairs.
Winter 2021 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.